Automation CBP Digital Services VII
The objective of this contract is to utilize digital service techniques to identify and solve a core user need through the development and release to end users of a Digital Minimum Viable Product (MVP) in form of enhancements to U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Cargo Systems Program Directorate (CSPD) systems including, but not limited to, the following:
- Automated Commercial Environment (ACE)
- Automated Commercial System (ACS)
- Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism System
- Automated Export System
This Statement of Objectives (SOO) is predicated on the fact that CBP stakeholders understand User Experience (UX) design thinking or agile software development. For example, job responsibilities within CBP have been redefined according to agile and/or human-centered design roles, and stakeholders are comfortable enough with modern technology concepts and are ready to start delivery of a digital service product by developing an MVP of system enhancements.
In order to achieve this goal, quality partners (contractors) must be able to establish and execute a framework for user centered design, usability research, and agile implementation.
Key program goals with respect to architecture are:
- Migration to a common processing environment for functionality in current CSPD systems (ACE and ACS) as well supporting newly developed functionality using a common processing platform for all Cargo systems.
- Support of a component and service-based architecture operating in a distributed environment to support more efficient maintenance, extension, updates and upgrades to Cargo systems.
- Use of proven open-source technologies to the greatest extent possible to reduce acquisition and Operations and Maintenance (O&M) costs.
Broker Management ACE User Fee Automation Support
This request supports requirements to develop enhancements within ACE that will automate the collection of user fees. This work effort will be a continuation of the previous contract developing enhancements, integration, testing, and production support for the GIFs required to deploy the upgraded broker management ACE User Fee Automation Support.
AD/CVD Modernization Support
This request supports requirements to develop enhancements within CBP Amazon Web Services Cloud Environment (CACE) antidumping (AD) and countervailing (CV) duty (collectively AD/CV duty or AD/CVD) portal. This contractor designed, developed, deployed and provided production support for the current AD/CVD portal. This work effort will be a continuation of the previous contract developing enhancements, integration, testing, and production support to the current AD/CVD portal.
The Innovation Lab focuses on the future of researching, prototyping and developing emerging technologies (ex. machine learning, artificial intelligence, blockchain, etc.) in order to increase proficiency and decrease costs for both CBP and the Office of Trade (OT). The contractor was the first team within CSPD to design, develop and deploy a CACE application that was public interfacing with Trade. This team can research, develop, prototype, integrate, and test emerging innovation technologies.